Sunday, May 31, 2009

French open ....

Last night before going to bed, I wanted to post some of my thoughts on the anticipated final between Fedex and Rafa. Rafa has been playing flawlessly (until today of course) in the grand slam. Fedex on the other hand is not looking at his best in this competition. But even then, we all know how these two can raise their levels in the finals. Before Nadal dethroned Federer from the top spot, there was definitely a balance of power in which all of us expected massive finals all the time with one being favorite on clay and other on hard. But now since Nadal is winning everywhere, there is definitely a shift of power. The balance could have only been restored by Federer defeating Nadal in a French open final.

But everything changed when I woke up today and read about one of the biggest upsets of all time. Since I am a big Federer fan, I would take it with a smile but even a Federer winning French Open won't restore the balance of power now!

No comments: